Friday, March 16, 2018

Group Meeting Insights

Today, I was given the opportunity to get the opinions and critiques of my peers concerning the work I have done on my film opening so far. Although it was difficult to explain my ideas coherently as I spoke to my group, I was luckily able to receive many valid and enlightening criticisms of the work Chancellor, Jacob, and I have done.

The group that I met with came to a consensus on various changes which (I tend to agree) would improve my film opening. 

Two of my group members were also working on film openings in the horror genre, and this was very valuable to gaining constructive criticism. All of my group members tended to agree that including more elements of horror immediately in the film would allow it to more closely reflect the intended genre. Especially in the introduction of the protagonist, they believed not enough suspense would have been created without the inclusion of more tension during the opening sequence. They agreed that certain aspects we had thought of, such as Tiffany searching for Britney utilizing the sound of social media notifications, was interesting and would properly build suspense. 

The issue with the feedback Jacob and I received was that the students in his critique group seemed to believe the polar opposite of what my group members thought. While mine believed we needed more horror elements and less introduction of the protagonist, his group believed we should not even reveal any killings by the protagonist in our film opening at all; instead, they believed our introduction of the protagonist should be expanded upon. Chancellor's group seemed to like our ideas as they are, leaving us at a crossroad. 

The idea that all groups agreed upon in their advice is that our plan to begin filming on March 24 was too soon. Our group members told us that filming a mock film opening using ourselves rather than the real actors would be beneficial to our planning and refining of cinematographic techniques.

Which advice we decide to take will truly shape our production. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

For a higher quality version of my CCR video please click here . Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my film opening and re...